- Our Locations
- Primary Care
- Urgent Care
- Philosophy of Care
- Our Providers
Endocrinologists treat diseases affecting the metabolism of the human body. These include conditions disrupting the normal function of the thyroid, parathyroids, pituitary, adrenal, hypothalamus, ovaries, testes and the endocrine pancreas, as well as diseases that change the way the body regulates its internal environment. Each of these glands or organs secretes hormones that have effects on the way the body appears, acts and maintains itself. Endocrine diseases are due to hormonal over- or under-function or tumors.
An endocrinologist needs extensive knowledge of clinical chemistry and biochemistry to understand the uses and limitations of the investigations.
The staff at Kadlec Clinic Endocrinology recognizes that this specialty involves caring for the person as well as the disease. Most endocrine disorders are chronic diseases that need life-long care.
- Thyroid hormone management
- Pre-diabetes and obesity assessment and counseling
- Diabetes assessment and management
- Management of endocrine concerns during pregnancy
- Osteoporosis and other Bone Density disorders
- Testosterone levels for both men/women
- Management of parathyroid and calcium disorders
- Pituitary and adrenal evaluation and management
- Management of endocrine abnormalities
Patients are seen at Kadlec Clinic Endocrinology by referral.