- Employee Health
- Employee Events
- Employee Handbook
- New Employees
- Other Helpful Items
SunLife Assurance Company of Canada (SunLife) is the insurance carrier for Basic Life/AD&D and Optional Life for you, your spouse and your eligible children.
IMPORTANT! Online enrollment IS NOT available for Optional Life Enrollment or Beneficiary Designation. SunLife requires your dated and signed paper enrollment form returned within 31 days from your date of eligibility. Enrollment forms are available on this website and hard copies are available in HR.
- 85222 - KMC Opt Life Enrollment Form (Return form to HR within 31 days of your eligibility date)
- Evidence of Insurability Form (Fill out if enrolling outside your initial eligiblity period or requesting more than Guarantee Issue--group number 85222-01)
- SunLife Beneficiary Form - Print, Complete and Return to HR Benefits
- SunLife Basic and Group Life Portability Kit
- SunLife Group Life Waiver of Premium
- SunLife Group Conversion Information
SunLife Assurance Company - Basic Life/AD&D and Optional Life Insurance
Basic employee life insurance: 1 times employee's earnings
Maximum basic employee life insurance: $250,000 without evidence of insurability
Maximum basic employee life insurance: $250,000 without evidence of insurability Employer Paid Benefit. Imputed Income calculated.
Maximum supplemental (voluntary) employee life insurance: $100,000 is available without evidence of insurability. You must complete a SunLife Optional Life Enrollment form within 31 days of your date of eligibility. The form is available on the upper right of this page and also available in HR.
Supplemental life insurance employee contributions: You may purchase additional life insurance if you want more coverage. Your contributions may depend on some or all of the following factors: your age, the amount of coverage.
Dependent life insurance:
Spouse Life Coverage: Amount: $50,000 or 50% of employee life, whichever is less. You may purchase Optional Life insurance for your spouse.
Each Child Life Coverage: Amount: $10,000 between ages 20 Days and 23 Years. Your child(ren) can only be covered if you are. You can purchase $2,500, $5,000, $7,500 or $10,000 for your eligible children. Your children may be covered to age 19 or to age 23 if a full-time student. You must notify HR when your child is no longer eligible. Refer to SunLife Plan Document for additional information and guidelines.
Additional Plan Highlights:
Evidence of Insurability (EOI): Evidence of Insurability is required if you are a late enrollee or want more than 3 x basic annual (or 100K). You may apply for an amount between $10,000 and five time your basic annual earning (not to exceed $300,000). EOI form is available on the upper right of this page; on the SunLife website; and also available in HR.
Age Reductions: To 50% at age 75. Benefits cease at retirement.
This is a summary of your Life Insurance benefits. Refer to your SunLife Group Booklet for a complete description of the benefit provisions. In the event of a discrepancy between this summary and the Group Policy, the Group Policy will govern. SunLife Booklets are available electronically via the link below; and hard copies are available in Kadlec's Human Resource Dept.
- SunLife Group Policy Booklet (2013)
- Full-time Employees: One who is regularly scheduled to work 80 hours in pay period or 72 hours (six 12-hour shifts) in a pay period.
- Part-time Employees: One who is regularly scheduled to work 40 hours in pay period or 36 hours (three 12-hour shifts) in a pay period.