- Philosophy of Care
- Spine Clinic
- Comprehensive Spine Care
- Tumors of the Brain, Spine & Peripheral Nerves
- Epilepsy & Seizure Disorders
- Stroke Neurology
- General Neurology
- General Neurosurgery
- Multiple Sclerosis and Neuromuscular Disease
- Trauma of the Brain & Spine
- Screening Services
- Interventional Pain Management
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Patient Education
- Our Physicians
- For Patients
Epilepsy & Seizure Disorders
The lives of many adults are limited by the unpredictable nature of recurring seizures. As many families know, the emotional consequences can be devastating.
At Kadlec Neuroscience Center, we work to improve the daily lives of people with epilepsy and seizure disorders by helping alleviate the debilitating effects of seizures. Our services are designed to improve the overall functioning of patients through a varied approach. This includes diagnostic evaluations, medication and teamwork.
Our multidisciplinary team includes a Fellowship-trained specialist.
The First Step
We conduct an initial in-depth interview with your family and referring physician. We then begin an extensive physical examination to further identify the nature and degree of your seizure disorder. After a thorough examination and review of your medical records, our medical specialists will develop your treatment plan. Recommendations may include some or all of the following:
- Comprehensive neurological diagnostic evaluations
- Anti-epileptic medication
- Evaluation for possible surgical treatment which is considered when other treatments have failed to significantly reduce the frequency or severity of seizures in selected cases. If indicated, you will be referred to a comprehensive epilepsy center for dedicated presurgical evaluation. This evaluation may include video-EEG monitoring, invasive monitoring, further imaging, and neuropsychological assessment. Any recommended surgery would be performed by our team of neurosurgeons or our colleagues at University of Washington.
Following a review of the recommended treatment plan and with your approval, as well as that of your referring physician, your treatment will begin.
Our services include:
- Neurological testing including electroencephalography (EEG) and brain wave testing
- High-quality MRI and CT imaging
- Antiepileptic medication
- Vagus nerve stimulators
- Surgical treatment
Experts in the diagnosis and treatment of brain, spinal, spinal cord & peripheral nervous system disorders.