Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI by the Society of Chest Pain Centers
The Society of Chest Pain Centers has again designated Kadlec Regional Medical Center as an Accredited Chest Pain Center — the first in the Northwest and the second to be recertified in the Western United States. The Kadlec Chest Pain Center is also PCI certified with the emergency ability to treat acute cardiac events using balloon angioplasty and the only hospital in the area able to perform open heart surgery.
From Diagnosis and Treatment through Rehabilitation
Heart disease claims more lives than any other illness. About every 29 seconds someone has a heart attack, and about every minute someone will die. This year an estimated 1,100,000 Americans will have a heart attack and about one third of these will die. For those suffering a heart attack, seconds literally do count, so having quality cardiac services close to home can make a life-or-death difference.
At Kadlec Regional Medical Center, we combat cardiovascular disease with skilled care and the latest technology. Our dedicated, experienced staff combines excellence with compassion for patients. We are committed to providing the highest quality medical care, while meeting the needs of patients and their families before, during and after surgery.
Chest Pain Center
- The Northwest’s first nationally accredited Chest Pain Center and recertified every three years since 2004 achieving higher standards of care with each cycle.
- Kadlec is the only hospital in the region that can treat heart attacks by immediately opening the artery with Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI) and full cardiothoracic (Open Heart) surgery capabilities.
- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, our on-call surgical response team is ready to perform cardiac surgery.
- Our cardiologists use the least-invasive methods with services including stenting, angioplasty, echocardiography, stress testing, holter monitoring and more.
- Electrophysiology cardiology care including medication management, device implantation (pacemakers and defibrillators), cardiac resynchronization therapy and catheter ablation is available to treat patients with heart rhythm irregularities.
- Kadlec is consistently in the top 10% of Washington State hospitals for lowest door-to-balloon time. Saving time translates to saving precious heart muscle for our patients.
- Perform open heart surgery for coronary artery bypass and valve replacement.
- Comprehensive care for patients with diseases affecting the arteries, veins and lymphatic vessels exclusive of vessels supplying blood to the heart or within the skull.
- Care for patients with vascular disease including medical management, non-invasive procedures and surgical interventions.
- Diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular conditions, peripheral artery disease and superficial and deep venous disease
- Kadlec’s intensivists are board-certified physicians with advanced training and certification in providing care for critically ill patients in Kadlec’s ICU. National studies have demonstrated that hospitals using intensivists have lower mortality rates, shorter hospital stays and reduced costs.
- Kadlec’s Intensive Care Unit uses a reporting system called APACHE (Acute Physiology, Age and Chronic Health Evaluation) to trend and improve performance. The report reflects Kadlec’s ICU performance compared to over 130 ICUs across the country. In recent reports, Kadlec’s ICU was shown as a High Performance ICU.
- The program addresses all aspects of cardiac and pulmonary rehab – medical, exercise, education and psychological.
- State-of-the-art facilities and caring rehabilitation therapists and trainers provide excellent recovery times and outcomes.
- Offer prevention information to the community.
- Stress testing available through pulmonary function testing lab.