- Our Doctors
- Our Services
- Classes & Community
- Patients and Visitors
Diabetes Learning Center
Education is the first step toward managing diabetes. At Kadlec's Diabetes Learning Center, we are committed to helping clients gain a better understanding of diabetes as well as the self-management skills and confidence needed to live full and happy lives.
What to Expect
Our diabetes education team of nurses and dietitians offers training and education in the following areas:
- Understanding the diagnosis and treatment of all types of diabetes
- Understanding complications, prevention and treatment
- Balancing medication, exercise and meal planning for blood glucose control
- Home glucose monitoring and meters
- Using oral medications and insulin effectively and safely
- Insulin pump therapy
- Pre-pregnancy and pregnancy counseling
- Management of sick days to avoid diabetic ketoacidosis
- Available community resources
- Life-time self-management skills through ongoing education
Diabetes learning/Nutrition Services for children
Nutrition counseling for children and families (overweight and underweight kids), learn skills for effective parenting around food to reduce risk for overweight and chronic disease
Diabetes education for kids with Type 1 diabetes, including insulin pumps
Our office is located at 1305 Mansfield, Suite 4, Richland, Washington. This is behind the Bombers Drive-Thru restaurant on Stevens Drive.
For additional information call (509) 942-2620.