Occupational Therapy (OT) helps people improve their ability to perform tasks in their daily living and working environments. With OT people regain, develop, and build skills that are essential for independent functioning, health, and well-being. The term occupation refers to activities that are meaningful to the individual within the environments in which the person lives and functions.
Kadlec Regional Medical Center's licensed Occupational Therapy team offers a broad range of services to meet a wide variety of adult and pediatric needs. We utilize functional therapeutic activities to assist the patient in regaining muscle strength, coordination, joint range of motion, and physical endurance. We capitalize on a person's strength to maximize functional activities of daily living and self-care.
The overall goal of Occupational Therapy is to maximize the patient's functional independence so that their quality of life improves. The individual needs of the patient and family members are addressed through treatment, training, and education that include the family as integral members of the team.
Occupational Therapy Services
- Upper extremity management including range of motion, strength, coordination and sensation
- Activities of daily living such as self-care, home management and community involvement
- Cognitive and/or perceptual retraining as it relates to activities of daily living
- Vision Retraining as it relates to activities of daily living
- Fabrication of splints, slings, and other assistive devices
- Assessment and provision of adaptive equipment
- Home evaluations
- Disabled driver's readiness screening
- Comprehensive Outpatient services
- Feeding and Swallowing Therapy