"There are only four kinds of people in this world—Those who have been caregivers, those who currently are caregivers, those who will be caregivers, those who will need caregivers.”
Caregiving is among the most rewarding and most challenging undertakings of your life, and each and every scenario is different. Each person, and each progression of disease, is different. We have many helpful books, DVDs, and other informational materials, with everything from strategies for care to the personal stories of other care providers. Sometimes the most helpful thing you can hold in your heart is that another has walked that road before you, and you are not alone.
KNRC offer's FOUR Caregiver Support Groups:
- Alzheimer's/Dementia Caregivers’ Support Group at Callaway Gardens on the fourth Tuesday of every month at 5:30pm
- Alzheimer's/Dementia Caregivers’ Support Group at Callaway Gardens on the third Thursday of every month at 5:30pm.
- Caregivers Support Group at KNRC, every 3rd Tuesday of the month, at 1:00pm.
- Caregivers: For Men Only at Callaway Gardens, every fourth Monday of the month, at 12:30 pm.
Caregiver groups held at Callaway Gardens are requested to RSVP as a light meal is provided during the meeting. Callaway Gardens is located at 5505 West Skagit Ct, Kennewick, WA 99336. To RSVP, please call (509) 783-5433.
- Aging and Long Term Care of Washington
- National Alliance for Caregiving
- Family Caregiver Alliance
- CNN article: Can Caring Make You Sick?
- Teepa Snow, Dementia care and training expert
- WebMD: Insights for Caregivers
- National Family Caregivers Association
- National Caregiving Foundation
- Gail Sheehy, Advocate for Caregivers