Kadlec Foundation raises more than $80,000 through 2019 Kidz Dig Rigz
Richland, WA—Attendees to Kadlec Foundation’s ninth annual Kidz Dig Rigz event on May 18 were welcomed to Columbia Park with warm weather, a cause to support and a huge variety of equipment from a helicopter and emergency vehicles to heavy construction equipment. The event drew in more than 4,000 members of the community to climb on the equipment and enjoy the entertainment and food; all in support of raising funds for pediatric services at Kadlec.
Kidz Dig Rigz, a fundraising event of Kadlec Foundation and presenting sponsor Numerica Credit Union, has continued to receive generous community participation around this impactful event, including grossing more than $80,000 from sponsorships and attendance in 2019.
“Kidz Dig Rigz is a big event to plan and coordinate, and year after year, we continue to be humbled by the generous support from our numerous sponsors and community attendees as we raise funds for pediatric services at Kadlec,” said Rebecca Thornton, Manager for Kadlec Foundation. “We are grateful to everyone who donated time, money and energy to make this event a success for the benefit of our smallest and most vulnerable patients.”
Items purchased with previous event proceeds have included:
- Sparkle and Shine Pageant, a non-competitive pageant celebrating the talents of kids with special needs
- Transcutaneous Monitoring System, to monitor real-time blood gases of infants in the Neonatal ICU, reducing the number of pokes and lowering risk of infection
- Bendy Bumpers, to properly position and ensure the utmost safety for premature infants hospitalized in our Neonatal ICU
- Mamaroos, used by our smallest, hospitalized infants to mimic the mother’s movements when baby was in the womb
- Winter Party, for pediatric patients receiving chemotherapy and IV therapy in a safe, clean environment
- Stadiometers, to more accurately measure premature infants for proper medication dosing
- Toys, giveaways and celebrations – to make life a little easier for pediatric patients hospitalized during holidays and birthdays; and to celebrate our chemotherapy graduates
For more information about Kidz Dig Rigz, visit kadlec.org/foundation.