Nursing Student Portal
Welcome to Kadlec Regional Medical Center. We look forward to having you as a student in our facility. Read about the History of Kadlec.
Nursing Student Placement: All Nursing Students must work through your school’s nursing Instructor regarding clinical placement or observation at Kadlec Regional Medical Center.
New Nursing Students and Faculty (See separate section below for returning students or faculty.)
Kadlec Nursing Student Orientation will consist of two parts:
- Online education to be completed prior to your Orientation date; this will take several hours to complete and can be done from any computer having internet access.
- Orientation at Kadlec (888 Swift Blvd. Richland WA 99352) which will be arranged between your school’s nursing Instructor and Kadlec.
- Print and complete the Kadlec Passport and bring with you to Orientation
- Print Nursing Student Orientation Completion Record (complete & bring to Orientation at Kadlec)
- Mission, Vision & Values
- About Planetree: For more information, please contact Cara Hitt, the Planetree Coordinator
- KWeb Instructions: Kadlec's online location for Policies, Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and Quality Review Report submissions (you will review this during Orientation)
- Safety & Compliance Review Sheet ("The Insider"): A copy will be provided at Orientation.
- Complete Online Assignments-
Note: Your Instructor will provide you with your personal HealthStream (HLC) login. [System Requirements. If your hardware and software meet these requirements and you are still having problems, try switching between browsers (i.e. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome) or email email@example.com.]
- Safety and Compliance: HLC
- Electronic Medical Record (EPIC) Modules: HLC
- CareFusion: Pyxis MedStation ES Station Tutorials for RN’s: HLC
- IV/Alaris Pump modules: HLC (will be assigned during orientation)
- KRMC Policies: follow links below where available
- Nursing Student Medication Administration
- Medication Double Check
- High Alert Medications and Spelled-Alike, Sound-Alike Drug Products
- Medication: Safe Administration & Documentation
- Medication Administration Timing Precision
- Non-smoking/tobacco free policy
- Parking Policy
- Dress Code and Personal Appearance
- Blood and Body Fluid Exposure
- In the event of an injury or exposure, please fill out a Non-Employee EIR and consult the HURT box in your department.
- Electronic Device Use: You may not use personal cell phones in patient care areas. You may only use personal cell phones in private, designated areas of the hospital. Please ask your instructor or a Kadlec unit RN where those areas are. Absolutely no photos can be taken in patient care areas of any Kadlec campus.
- Operating Room Placements: Only review these policies if your placement will have you in the Kadlec Operating Room.
- Print, Complete and Bring the following forms:
- Badge Request Form
- KRMC’s Confidentiality and Conduct Agreement
- WSP and Criminal Disclosure Statement (Print single sided)
- Parking Permit (if you plan to park on Kadlec's campus): You may park in the parking garage on the day of Orientation but are expected to follow the employee parking policy for the duration of your clinical experience.
- Bring your completed Nursing Student Orientation Completion Record
- Bring your completed Kadlec Passport.
- Wear your school approved scrubs, including student badge, to your Orientation at Kadlec.
Returning Students ONLY (To be completed annually, once per academic year)
- Complete Online Healthstream Assignments: You will be notified if any additional assignments are added during the academic year. [System Requirements]
- KRMC Policies
- Safety & Compliance Review Sheet ("The Insider"): Hard copy may be picked up in the Kadlec Education office
- Print, Complete and Bring the following forms: (Your Instructor may also collect these)
- Check your badge, network, EPIC, and Pyxis access. Your Instructor will arrange a time for this and will notify the appropriate personnel if any passwords need to be reset or you need a new badge.
For further assistance, please visit Contacts.