Student Nurse to RN Communication
This form is to be used by nursing students to facilitate communication with staff nurses.
- New Instructors
- Complete Kadlec Nursing Student Orientation list on Nursing Student Portal
- Attend Nursing Student Orientation at Kadlec
- Returning Instructors (to be completed once per academic year)
- Complete the shaded areas on the Access and Badge Request form and e-mail to Rachel Wabeke three (3) weeks prior to Orientation or first clinical date. Please include all students and instructors.
- Submit a student Passport Completion Letter to Rachel Wabeke one (1) week prior to Orientation or first clinical date. The letter should include the following:
- Program and graduation date
- Names of all students and instructors
- Verification of good standing with academic program
- Verification of completed documentation for immunizations, TB test, blood borne pathogen training, BLS training (when applicable), and National Background Check/Washington State Patrol Check.
Assigned Unit – Introduction & Tour
- Instructor: Introduce self to Unit Manager / Clinical Educator
- Instructor or Preceptor: Have nursing students change password for Medication Dispensing System on unit
- Instructor or Preceptor: Have returning nursing students check logins to network, EPIC, and Pyxis, and check badge access. Contact Rachel Wabeke for student login/access issues.
- Instructor or Preceptor: Review Code Cart
- Identify location of Code Cart and emergency equipment
- Instructor or Preceptor: Review First Responder role with nursing students
- How to initiate a Code: dial 4444 or push emergency button