Diabetes Education and Counseling
Education is the first step toward managing diabetes. At Kadlec's Diabetes Learning Center, we are committed to helping clients gain a better understanding of diabetes as well as the self-management skills and confidence needed to live full and happy lives.
What to Expect
Our diabetes education team of nurses and dietitians offers training and education in the following areas:
- Understanding the diagnosis and treatment of all types of diabetes
- Understanding complications, prevention and treatment
- Balancing medication, exercise and meal planning for blood glucose control
- Home glucose monitoring and meters
- Using oral medications, injectable medications and insulin effectively and safely
- Insulin pump therapy
- Continious glucose monitor (CGM)
- Pre-pregnancy and pregnancy counseling
- Management of sick days to avoid diabetic ketoacidosis
- Available community resources
- Life-time self-management skills through ongoing education
For more information on Providence and Kadlec diabetes research and clinical trials, visit http://research.providence.org/ or call (509) 783-4637.
1268 Lee Blvd.
Richland, WA 99352