Kadlec’s Oncology program has earned three-year accreditation with commendation by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer. This accreditation assures care that meets the highest standards. Only one in four hospitals that treat cancer receives this special approval.
Receiving care at a Commission on Cancer approved cancer program ensures that a patient will have access to:
- Quality care close to home with state-of-the-art services and equipment
- A multi-specialty team approach to coordinate the best treatment options available to cancer patients
- Information about cancer clinical trials, education and support
- Lifelong patient follow-up through a cancer registry that collects data on type and stage of cancers and treatment results
- Ongoing monitoring and improvement of care
We view cancer care as a continuum of care beginning with education and screening, continuing through diagnosis, staging and treatment, and ongoing through recovery and support. This coordinated approach helps our patients and families throughout a journey with cancer. For more information on the Commission on Cancer, visit the Commission on Cancer website.