Welcome to Kadlec Regional Medical Center. We look forward to having you as a guest in our facility. Read about the History of Kadlec.
Quick Links: New Guest Responsibilities, Returning Guest Responsibilities
All requests for a rotation in the operating room must be submitted in writing to Rachel Wabeke via email (email@example.com)
For more information, refer to the Clinical Experiences for Licensed Professionals policy. Once a request has been received, you will be directed back to this page for the requirements to be completed prior to your clinical experience.
- Ensure current affiliation agreement and certificate of insurance (COI) are on file.
- Verify completion of paramedic professional's Kadlec Passport and sign it. If your facility does not have access to paramedic's records, the paramedic will be responsible for providing all records to Kadlec Academic Services for review and verification. Email documents to Rachel Wabeke one (1) week prior to Orientation or first clinical date.
New Guests Responsibilities (See separate section below for returning guests.)
- Onboarding Documentation (to be submitted via email, fax, or in-person to Kadlec Academic Services prior to your rotation):
- Kadlec Passport: To be verified by your facility. In the event that your department is unable to verify your records, submit passport and related documents to Kadlec Academic Services for verification. Please allow yourself time to complete this as some items may take one week or more.
- Badge Request Form
- KRMC's Confidentiality and Conduct Agreement
- WSP and Criminal Disclosure Satement (Print single sided)
- Online Education (to be completed prior to your Orientation date):
- Mission, Vision & Values
- About Planetree: For more information, contact Cara Hitt, the Planetree Coordinator
- KWeb Instructions: Kadlec's online location for Policies, Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and Quality Review Report (QRR) submissions
- Safety & Compliance Review Sheet ("The Insider"): a copy will be provided at Orientation
- Complete Online Safety and Compliance Assignments:
Note: Kadlec Academic Services will provide you with your personal HealthStream (HLC) login once onboarding documentation has been submitted. [System Requirements: If your hardware and software meet these requirements and you are still having problems, try switching between browsers (i.e. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.]
- KRMC Policies: follow links below where available. Note: There may be additional policies to review depending on your placement. These policies will be provided to you when necessary.
- Non-smoking/tobacco free policy
- Parking Policy
- Dress Code and Personal Appearance
- Blood and Body Fluid Exposure
- In the event of an injury or exposure, please fill out a Non-Employee Injury/Incident Report and consult the HURT box in your department.
- Electronic Device Use
- You may not use personal cell phones in patient care areas. You may only use personal cell phones in private, designated areas of the hospital. Please ask your instructor or a Kadlec unit RN where those areas are. Absolutely no photos can be taken in patient care areas of any Kadlec campus.
- Operating Room Policies:
- Orientation at Kadlec: will be arranged by Kadlec Academic Services to be held on or before OR Orientation. (See resources for parking map and building map.)
- Kadlec orientation may be held on the same day as your OR Orientation, but it must be arranged in advance.
- Operating Room Orientation: will be arranged by Academic Services and is scheduled on Tuesdays at 7:30am.
- You may schedule your OR rotation on the same day as your OR Orientation, but your opportunity for airway management encounters may be limited due to time.
- OR Orientation must be completed once every two years.
Returning Guests (To be completed annually, once per academic year)
- Complete Online Safety and Compliance Assignments
Note: Your personal HealthStream (HLC) ID and password will not have changed. For login issues, contact Rachel Wabeke at email@example.com.
- Operating Room Policies (listed above)
- Safety & Compliance Review Sheet ("The Insider"): Hard copy may be picked up in the Kadlec Education Office
- Complete and submit the following forms via email, fax or in-person to Kadlec Academic Services:
**For Placements in the Operating Room, OR Orientation must have been completed within the last two years.